I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!!

Happy Halloween!  Alex was one of the characters from Monster High and Zach started out  as a ninja!
 
 
I should back up a little bit.....a new development that I have not blogged about yet....we discovered during Alex's intensive physical therapy that she is now communicating and answering questions with her eyes!  If her answer to a question is yes, she will raise her eyebrows - and if the answer is no, she will do a hard blink.  How cool is that?!?  After multiple questions - Alex told us that she wanted to be a flying monkey from the Wizard of Oz for Halloween....LOL - we researched it (we were going to do a whole family theme around it) but the costume was really hideous so Alex then "said" she wanted to be Ariel from the Little Mermaid (she loves to watch Disney Princess videos).  Unfortunately, I couldn't find an Ariel princess costume in her size.  I've been hearing a lot about this Monster High so when I saw the costume I thought that would be a good alternative for Alex.  This morning before school I showed it to her and she kept blinking her eyes "NO" at me....and so I explained to her that I couldn't find an Ariel costume in her size and a lot of girls her age really like this Monster High show so it was a really cool costume for her (I even bought her a Monster High DVD so she could see what it was all about).  I will say that after we got her dressed we stood her in front of the full length mirror in my room and she was super happy!  She stayed out trick or treating in the neighborhood for longer than she ever has and was in such a good mood all night so I think she was ultimately happy with her costume.
 


This picture just cracks me up....


 
I had bought Aaron and I funny little Mohawk wigs - I didn't wear mine - but Aaron wore his (and Alex's mask) - much to Zach's embarrassment :)
 
 
 
I opted for a cat mask :)
 
...which Alex actually thought was quite funny and she kept trying to look at it and take it off me!
 
Our friends Noreen and John had us and some other friends over for great Halloween themed food and halfway through Zach decided to go home and make a costume change and decided to be a hunter....in my opinion this is NOT a costume because this is exactly what he looks like on any given weekend in the Fall!
  ....but he's happy and has a ton of candy so I suppose that's all that matters!   
 

I'll leave you with My ABSOLUTE favorite picture of Alex from the night :)

Hope "ya'll" had a Happy Halloween!!
 
WAIT!  I almost forgot!  Rudy's first Halloween picture!!
 
MOO!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures!!!
Jenni

Christy said...

So cute! I love Alex's mask! It looks great on her. I'm so glad you all had a great Halloween! xoxo