I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Happy Birthday Rudy!

If there's one thing Alex has taught me it's to celebrate the little things in life.  There's so much hate and bad things in the world - the news is god awful depressing and I want my kids to see that even the smallest things can be celebrated and enjoyed.  Life is what you make of it!
 
So....yesterday was Rootie Tootie's first birthday!!  Major cause for celebration! :)

When Zach got home from school he hung up a bunch of birthday decorations and we had a little birthday party.

Alex heard the word cupcake and that's all she cared about!
 

So we lit a candle in a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday to Rudy!

He had a taste of his cupcake...


 
And then got to eat his real treat - A Frosty Paw! (Ice cream made just for dogs - what will they think of next?!?)

After his treat Zach had tied up his new bone with a bow and gave him his present :)
 
Rudy's been a lot of work since his arrival - he's eaten more foreign objects than I care to count and he definitely keeps us on our toes, but at the end of the day we love him like crazy and love the extra chaos (sometimes!) he brings to our crazy life. 

Happy first birthday Rudy!

No comments: