I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Random Stuff

 
It's been almost a month since my last post so this is a totally random post in no particular order!
 
Two weekends ago Alex and Zach finished up their basketball season.  Zach's team didn't make it to the final playoffs and he wasn't too happy about it - but it was a good lesson in there has to be a winner and loser in every game - even the professional NBA.  Not really what he wanted to hear, but it's life :)
 
Alex finished the buddy ball season with her final game, award ceremony, dance party and ice cream party.  I'm SO glad we discovered Buddy Ball and I so wish we had done it sooner.  I can't wait for baseball to start in a few weeks!
 
Here she is dancing with me to Whoop Em Gangnam Style!
 
 
 

 
 
Next she was called up for her trophy by her awesome coach Eric...(I told him we wouldn't play baseball unless we were on his team) :)
 
She was very proud of her trophy!
 
 
And I was very proud of her :)
 
 
 
Moving on to Valentine's Day....Zach wrote me the MOST beautiful card....and inside he put $2 and told me to go buy myself something pretty.  He's such a joy - no other way to put it.  I've put the card away for safe keeping - it's definitely a keeper and I know I'll always remember the huge amount of love I felt reading that and the happy tears he made me shed!
 
When he  got hom from shool his bed was all decorated in what has become a Valentine's Day tradition and he was quite happy!
 
 
 
Rudy - or Rudy Tootie Fresh and Fruitie as he's quite often called has been A LOT of WORK - but a lot of fun too!  He's so stinking cute :)
 
He LOVES stuffed animals and it's not uncommon to see him all curled up with one or two of his favorites.  Ironically one of his favorites is a cat!
 

 
He is so smart and will sit, stay, give you his paw (actually both paws), lay down and dance....yet he STILL can't figure out that he's supposed to go to the bathroom OUTSIDE!! :)  Hopefully that will be mastered soon!


Such a cutie!


 
At the beginning of last week Alex was having a seizure and I went running into her room at 2AM and unfortunately ran right into her door and broke my pinkie toe.  Ouch.  Then last Saturday I was carrying her up to bed and once we got up the stairs she got really excited and threw herself backwards with all of her might...I put my arm behind her and she came flying back forward with the same velocity and her tooth crashed into the bone under my eye...Double OUCH!
 
 
I told Aaron it was a good thing we had a witness at the house or people were going to start talking about him!  I sported that nice black eye for a whole week.
 
But how could you be mad at this sweet face?!?

 
For the most part we have the kitchen back together - not without drama of course, but hopefully I'll have pictures to post soon.
 
Friday we went and met with a new neurologist at MCV.  I'm still struggling with and trying to digest everything she had to say so hopefully I'll be able to post about that next.
 
We've had a tough weekend and I'm tired so that's it for now!

1 comment:

Christy said...

Love all the pics. I just love how happy Alex is all the time and how much fun you have with her. You're such a good mom. Love Rudy, too.

We need a mom's night so you can talk about what the neurologist said. Maybe that will help make you feel better. xoxo