I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Sibling Love

This past week Zach came home from school with a harmonica.  By about the 50th renditions of Twinkle, Twinkle, Jingle Bells and Mary Had A Little Lamb I was so ready for him to move on to something else, but I had put Alex on the couch with him and she was completely mesmerized by him playing.
 
 
 
 
 
When I finally had all I could take I asked him to please take a break!  I was in the kitchen starting dinner and Zach said, "Awe Mom, come look at Sissy".  She had laid her head down on his shoulder and was so content to sit there with him.  Normally she's super excited so she's either yelling or pinching you!
 
 
They really had a nice bonding session for about 30 minutes.  Zach is so patient with her.
 
 
And she was SO happy to have him all to herself.  She kept reaching up to him to hug and kiss him.




It was such a sweet site to see.  For a brief minute I wondered what their relationship would be like if Alex was typical. But then I opted to enjoy the moment and not play the what if game with myself. 
 
Break time was over - back to the harmonica!  Clearly she didn't care...



She was one happy girl.  And I was one happy mom!


1 comment:

Christy said...

Love those moments! Great pics!