I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Happy Anniversary

13 years ago we said "I do"! Wow.
 
 
I have to say, when we stood on that altar and repeated those "For better or worse, in sickness or in health" vows, we had no idea how we would be tested. 

There have been good times, and there have been bad times.  But through all of the ups and downs we have a deeper love now than we did on our wedding day.  It's definitely not always sunshine and roses, but the longer we are together, the more I appreciate Aaron as a husband.  He works hard and he's a great provider for our family.  He respects me.  I can honestly say in the WHOLE time we have been together he has never once called me an ugly name, or told me to shut up during an argument - (I'm sure he's thought them in his head, but he's never verbalized them to me!)  He still tells me I'm beautiful.  He still comes up behind me when I'm cooking or washing dishes just to give me a hug or kiss. I'm stubborn and when I get an idea in my head I'm relentless - he gives me that.  He's an amazing dad who is so involved in our kids lives.  The longer we are together, the more I appreciate all of the little things that I take for granted.  Don't get me wrong - there are times when he bugs the bejesus out of me, and I him, we can banter back and forth like nobody can, but at the end of the day we are a team and he's my best friend.  We love and respect each other and I'm blessed to have married such an amazing guy who loves me the way that he does.
 
Happy Anniversary Aaron!
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to an amazing couple and inspirational parents! Dana Wilson

Anonymous said...

From Ellen Lee ~ congrats! You two are some of the most amazing people I have had the honor of knowing. You are not only an excellent role model to your children but to all those around you. Have another wonder-filled year!

Christy said...

Love this! Happy Anniversary you two! xoxo