I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Zach!!

I say it every year, and I'll say it again!  I can't believe another year has flown by and that Zach just turned EIGHT.  Time is just going by way too fast for me.  I'm so proud of the sweet, loving, funny and compasionate kid that he is.  He truly has been a blessing to us from day one. 

We decorated the kitchen and the stairs leading down to the kitchen so that when he woke up everything would be festive.




He was excited when he came downstairs and put on all of his fun birthday stuff while he enjoyed his favorite breakfast - waffles and bacon!


He opened a few of his presents from us after breakfast and then opened his card from Alex (he wanted to save her present for his party). 

I love how he engages her with what he's doing - he really is such a good brother.


The love :)


He wanted to have another pool party this year so that's what we did.  I was praying there wouldn't be any rain like the past two weekends, and thankfully, it was a beautiful day!  He had 17 of his friends from school there and I think everyone had a really good time.


Right now Zach's into anything and everything that his Dad is.  EVERYTHING right now is about hunting and fishing....EVERYTHING!  It was tough when people asked what they could get him because he's not into anything like legos or cars or transformers or anything else that most eight year olds are.

I jokingly referred to this party as his 'redneck' party.  The whole theme was camouflage and deer!

HE was super happy about it and excited so that's all that mattered!

Family Pic!



Me and my big birthday boy

Daddy and Sissy

Me and my sister

Zach's grandma Bev flew in from Niagara Falls for his party and it was nice to have her with us for the week.


Zach and his cousins Emily, Abby and Cameron

Uncle Danny and Aunt Rebecca

Uncle Shane and Aunt Dana

Auntie Dearest

Of course, we couldn't have a post without Alex and her ever loving, adoring stare at her beloved Papa!


Zach and his best bud Micah

Zach with MeMe and Papa

I'd say it was another successful birthday! :)

No comments: