I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Santa!

I have to share our Santa experience yesterday.  Aaron had to work all day yesterday and Alex was going stir crazy (lots going on with her and I promise to post about that soon) so I loaded the kids up and we headed to the mall.  Zach wanted to see Santa and since I'm guessing this will be one of the last years he wants to, I was all for it.  So we get to where Santa is and there's a bunch of people in line but I can't tell how you actually GET in line...(insert joke here...), so I walked all around the Santa area only to come to the line to find they've blocked it off because Santa was done for the day.  Bummer.  We started to walk away and Santa's elf came running up behind us and said that Santa wanted to meet Alex!  They took us straight to him and Santa (who was not very young I might add!) got off his chair and bent down on his knees to talk to Alex.  It was probably one of the most touching things I've seen in quite a while.  Alex just kept staring at him with her mouth WIDE open (kind of how she looks at Papa) like "what in the world....!"  And then...she grabbed a hold of his beard and pulled with all of her might!! Yikes - SORRY SANTA!!!  He spent a few minutes talking with her and Zach and he was so incredibly kind.  When we were done, they handed us this picture and said Santa wanted her to have it - free of charge.


Zach and I often talk about "heart happy" moments and this was definitely one of them.  When we were walking away Zach said, "Mommy, I'm starting to think that was actually the REAL Santa Clause".  I just smiled because I couldn't have agreed more. 

No comments: