I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Town!

On Saturday we had a family trip to Busch Gardens for Christmas Town.  I had never been before and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I will say I was highly impressed.  The way they decorate the park is absolutely beautiful.


Zach and Micah

My sister, me and my mom

My sister and my nieces Emily and Abby

 Shane, Dana and the girls
Tabitha and Micah
Aaron and Zach being silly

Ok, I know this is not a good picture of Alex - but I am allllllllways saying how her Papa is her favorite man....


I mean seriously?!?  I'm sure her neck hurt by the time we got home....she just can't take her eyes off him!




I was trying to get a picture of her with some of the lights...she looks scary though :)

 
Aaron and Me

Alex and Tabitha
Me and my cold girl!

There was one part of the night where I got a little upset.  Some of the rides were open so we went and got Alex a bracelet that would let her go to the front of the line.  They asked if she could grasp things (yes, she can) and they asked if she "just" couldn't walk or if she had neurological issues as well and then they printed out a piece of paper and we went on our merry way.  Last year we took Alex to a Fair and she went on a ride called the Sizzler that she LOVED...this is the link to that post...anyway - they had a ride very similar to that one that was open - we were waiting for everyone to get off a different ride so I told Alex that as soon as everyone was done we would take her on that ride...and I was so excited for her.  We got to the gate and they asked for that piece of paper I got and it wasn't until then that I realized they had printed what rides they THOUGHT she could go on.  And of course, that ride wasn't one of them....so we took her over to the little kid rides and they wouldn't let her on any of those either - I should add here that they WOULD have let her ride the ride that brings you straight up and then drops you 300 feet.  Yeah, good choice.   I know the people were just doing their jobs but it bugged me so bad.  I'm her mother, I know what her capabilities are and THEY were deciding what she could and couldn't go on and it made me mad...and sad.  So I pouted for a while, but Alex was having such a good time watching all of the lights and everything else going on that I got over it.  She was happy and that's all that mattered.

We got home close to 10PM and her bedtime is typically 7PM so I'm not sure if she was over tired or over stimulated from the entire day or what but she had a seizure around 10:30 and then again at 4AM  (a post about that coming soon)....crappy way to end a really great family day.  

No comments: