I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Alex!

Ten years ago today at 11:16PM Alexandra Elizabeth Hayes entered the world.  And what a ten years it has been!!  Despite starting her day at 3AM with a seizure, I'm pretty sure she had a good birthday. Me, Aaron and my dad went to her school this morning to celebrate with cupcakes.  She was so excited when Papa walked in...



Yes, take one guess who she's looking at :)

Despite this picture, she really was excited to see her Daddy too!

 And ehh...so I was there too

Did someone just mention chocolate cupcakes?!?


Ahh, birthday's are good!

 A good-bye chocolate kiss for Daddy who had to head  back to work

But all is still good cuz Papa was still there!

She took a much needed long nap when she got home and then spent the afternoon being spoiled by Tabitha.

We ordered in pizza for dinner and Alex was happy to help Tabitha blend up her dinner...

 And then it was time for cake...more chocolate...




And some more birthday love

She loved all the attention from Zach, Jonah and Micah

Birthday love and presents from Aunt Dana...

 And then her present from Micah...

A Justin Beiber book that she promptly kissed each picture we turned to....she was hysterical!

Aaron and I even got a present for her birthday from my parents...who doesn't love presents?!!


We're very, very blessed.


I really think Alex enjoyed her day.  We are very much looking forward to celebrating again on Saturday with our family and friends.

I put together a few pictures from the last year for her.  I've said it multiple times today, but I just can't believe she's ten.  Time sure does fly. 

Happy 10th Birthday Allie Bean!!!

1 comment:

ANewKindOfPerfect said...

What a beautiful birthday girl! She is so smiley and happy. I love the pictures, she definitely had a great celebration!