I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Checking In...

First....I have to say a HUGE thank you to all of our family and friends for all of the visits, phone calls, texts, e-mail and facebook messages  - you have no idea how much your messages mean to us.  Old or new, we are constantly blessed by the amount of people who reach out to us when times are not so great.  It's so true that when the chips are down, you find out who you can truly count on and if you know it or not, you make our day and we are so, so thankful for you.

Alex has not had a seizure that we know of (questionable one last night) since Thursday.  She's still not 100% herself and has had her moments of crying and not being herself, but it's not as bad as it's been the past few days and hopefully she'll continue to feel better in the coming days.  We're all really tired and just looking forward to her feeling better.  I will say that our pending vacation cannot come soon enough - I think some fun in the sun is just what she needs!

Onto Zach's birthday wrap up. The party was a great success...18 of his friends showed up, he had a lot of fun, and oh my goodness, he made out like a BANDIT!



Aunt Dana and Uncle Shane


Uncle Danny and Aunt Rebecca

Alex in the pool with MeMe and yes, her beloved Papa!

Alex and Ronica!


Daddy and the birthday boy!


Mommy and the birthday boy!


Birthday Love!

The Cake...


 One excited boy and his cake! 


 The loot...I'm embarrassed to say this is not all of his presents, just what his friends brought...


 Happy 7th Zach...you are beyond loved little man!

No comments: