I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, March 14, 2011

What A Week

Last week was not a good one!!  Lots went on at the Hayes house and things only seemed to go down hill as the week went on!  Parenting was definitely trying with Zach in the beginning of the week...I think we're at the age that we're trying to test out the parents and see what we can and can't get away with.  In the end,  I won and he wound up spending time in time out and lost TV priviledges (which is apparently worse than death)!

Tuesday night I started Alex on a new medicine called scopolamine which is a patch that is supposed to be worn behind her ear to help with her constant drooling.  Wednesday I got a call from her school nurse and she was apparently having some significant side effects.  Her heart rate was almost doubled, she was flushed, her pupils dialated so much that you couldn't see the brown of her eyes, she was dizzy and very irritated.  I immediately took the patch off, which was obviously working because she had not drooled - at all.  So now she's managed to freak me out twice in about a month!  Her pediatrician suggested we cut the patch in half and try giving her less of a dose, but it's not really helping so I guess we'll just keep on drooling!

Wednesday night around midnight, Zach came into my room and the stomach bug had hit him...HARD.  He was in the bathroom the entire night until about 5:45AM (we were literally sleeping on the bathroom floor) because he kept throwing up about every 20 minutes.  I finally remembered at about 6AM that I had some Zofran from the last time he got so sick and thankfully after that he was much better.  Needless to say absolutely nothing got done on Thursday because I could hardly function I was so exhausted.  We both spent almost the entire day in his bed.

Friday I was blenderizing a bunch of food for Alex for the week and I heard this loud crash up in Zach's room.  I ran upstairs to find him sitting on his bed, obviously trying not to cry and holding his hand close to his chest.  Turns out he was laying on his bottom bunk and pushing the top bunk up with his feet when the bed crashed down into place, right where his hand was.  He had two very nice bloody holes in his hand that immediately turned black and blue and, yes, freaked me out once again. 

It was definitely a LONG, draining week!

This week is Alex's benefit in New York, so I suppose I am just glad that all of the 'drama' happened last week and am praying for a very good, very healthy week!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Oi. That sounds like a crazy week. I do hope that means that this week will be so much better. I know exactly what you mean about Zach. We are right there with you with Murphy. Hang in there.

I will be thinking of you this week...

Jennifer said...

Of course this week is going to be awesome! I hope you guys have a terrific time at the benifit!!!