I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I hope everyone enjoyed Valentine's Day.  Zach was very excited to share (and receive) Valentine's from his classmates and was super excited to make his teacher a card. Wish I would have taken a picture of it, but on the inside he drew a field of flowers and drew his teacher, complete with the jewelry she likes to wear.  Very cute.  He was so excited when he came home and saw his Valentine's from us...



My poor Beans on the other hand did not have such a great day...

This is pretty much where she spent her entire day and had no desire to check out her Valentine's Day presents... 

She's had a bad cold and felt all around miserable.  On Sunday she didn't even want her beloved Papa near her.  Clearly she felt bad if Papa couldn't even get a smile!

I don't give Aaron much blog time, but I figured since it was Valentine's Day I would just comment that I feel really lucky to have a guy who loves me the way he does.  Don't get me wrong, it isn't always sunshine and roses, but after 11 years of marriage, he still does little things that make me feel appreciated and loved.  I have no doubt that he truly loves me - in all senses of the phrase "for better or worse".

1 comment:

Christy said...

I hope Alex is feeling better! We didn't get our kids anything for Valentine's Day. Is that wrong?

See you soon!