I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, February 25, 2011

This Is How She Rolls!

A few months ago Zach got a t-shirt with a skateboard on it that said "This is how I roll".  Jennifer and I joked that we were going to make a t-shirt for Alex with a picture of a wheel chair that says "This is how I roll"!  So I was sooooo excited when Alex had a note come home in her folder that said there was a Spirit Day at her school and her teacher had t-shirts made that said "School Rocks AND Rolls" with a picture of a wheel chair on it.  I LOVED IT!!!





Now for the formal introduction.....Meet Tabitha....Alex's new nurse!!!!   We are SO excited and happy to welcome Tabitha to our family!!


Tabitha's been with Alex for the past few weeks and it's been awesome!  She's so enthusiastic to learn all she can about Alex and is so eager to help her in any way she can.  It's really obvious that she WANTS to be here with Alex.  She wants to incorporate all of her therapy and details from her school schedule at home.  Today when I was trying to get a picture of the two of them Alex kept kissing her.  I love that she's forming such a connection with her.  We are so happy that she's with us, and we are SO looking forward to a LONG, LONG relationship with her!

No comments: