I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Physical Therapy

The way my schedule has been lately, I have not been able to get to a physical therapy session for Alex in a few weeks.  I typically get there just in time to pick her up.  Yesterday I was able to be there for her entire session and it was, in my opinion, one of the best sessions she's had in a long, long, long time.  There are three videos that Alex's new nurse, Tabitha, (a formal introduction will come soon!) took with her cell phone.  They are only a minute long, but each one shows just how great she is doing in each area.

This first one is of her going from side sitting to back up straight.  Every time she sat back up it was for a kiss - and not only was that exciting, but her focus and concentration on me was incredible - which I am attributing to her new regimen of cod liver oil.



This next one is of her standing.  Every time Shannon told her to get her bum back on the wall, she did it - every time!  I've never seen her stand so well!!


This last one makes me cry every time I watch it.  She's "WALKING" - without a walker!  She's holding onto my hands and Shannon is giving her support from behind. 

HOW EXCITING WAS THAT?!?!?!?

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! That is so incredible!!! So awesome! And yes i needed tissues. I mean WOW! WOW!

Aunt Dana said...

I ran out of tissues here at the office on Monday, so I had to use my sleeve watching those videos, LOL. WAY TO GO ALLIE BEAN!!!! I am so proud of you and the progress you are making...and Donna while I know you know this...I feel it should not go unsaid: NONE of this would be possible for Alex if she did not have the Mommy she does...you are her constant Champion & Advocate, 24/7/365, giving 110% in the care and keeping of Alex. Much love to both of you!!!"

Aunt Dana

moxie3 said...

Donna, I am speechless (first time ever!) She is beautiful and is working so hard. I am amazed at her progress.I am sending you and Allie Bean huge hugs!!! Love, your pseudo Mom

sgardner10 said...

Donna......these videos are amazing! Alex is so beautiful and seems so determined. She is indeed a miracle and oh so precious. You are the best Mom in the world! Love, Sherry Gardner,Rochester.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Absolutely incredible!!! I am so proud of all of you! And I can't wait to be introduced to the new nurse. Hugs and love to all!!!!

Ellen