I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Benefit for Alex

Our amazing family in Niagara Falls, New York is putting a benefit together for Alex in March.  I know I'm starting to sound redundant at times, but we are so, so blessed when it comes to our family and the support they give us with Alex.  Aaron's family put together an incredible, successful benefit for Alex three years ago to help with the financial costs of her therapies.  Her intensive physical therapy and her hyperbaric oxygen therapy costs were covered 100% from the proceeds of the benefit (both totalled way over $25,000 and were not covered by insurance).  Not to mention the fact that Alex (OK, and us as her 'entorage' were treated like royalty for the entire time that we were there).  I wish I had been blogging at that time so I could have recounted all of the details that were so thoughtfully planned out, but it was an AWESOME time (despite the fact that we had to call 911 about 5 hours before the benefit and Alex had to be transported by ambulance over an hour and a half away to a Children's Hospital and we were over two hours late to HER OWN benefit!  But what would life with Alex be without a little drama?!?)  Every Tuesday, since the beginning of January, the benefit committee meets in Niagara Falls and I so look forward to the phone calls and updates from the meetings.  There are about 50 people on the committee pulling this together.  FIFTY....and almost none of them have actually met Alex....is it me, or is that just amazing?!? 

I look forward to posting a lot of updates between now and March 19th (did I mention how EXCITED I am?!?)  In the meantime, here's a little brochure that's been put together about the benefit.  If anyone would like to donate, or buy a raffle ticket (shameless plug, I know), please let me know!!!


No comments: