I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Camping - And a Ton of Pictures!

Two weeks ago my girlfriends and I took the kids camping to Loft Mountain in Shenandoah National Park.  Just the girls, no men - have to say I was a bit scared of how the whole tent set up would go, but we did just fine.....ok, so maybe my best friend Dana set it up just fine! 


I really wanted to take Alex with us, but the night before it was 36 degrees and Aaron put his foot down and wouldn't let me take her.  Unfortunately for her, we had fabulous weather the next night and that made me feel even worse that she wasn't with us. 

Zach had a fabulous time - he loved being with all the kids, going on hikes, playing football, cooking on the campfire, roasting marsh mellows and sleeping in the tent.

Zach and Jonah


The kids being silly around the campfire

Best Friends...and a silly boy!

Love this picture of Zach

Me, Jonah (the camera ham) and Zach at the campfire

Katie and Sydney

Me and my sweet boy!
 
My friend Katie's son is an amazing drummer and he had brought a little drum with him.  All the kids sat around and watched Brenden play and took turns...it was pretty awesome how well all 7 of the kids got along.


Of course, what's a camping trip without the marsh mellows?!?







Sunday morning Zach and I had woken up before anyone else and Zach said "Mom, I want to show you something really beautiful -- not as beautiful as you, but close" - he's so good to me! :)  He wanted to take me on a hiking trail he and the kids had been on the day before.  So we watched a beautiful sunrise...


And headed off for our hike.   


We really picked a great weekend to go - the trees were changing colors and it really was beautiful.

We got back to the campsite and the kids played more football and goofed off for a while. 

We never did get all 7 kids in one picture.

We ended the trip with a stop at a scenic overlook on our way out of the park.




That is not a bow on Katie's head, it is a wasp that no one told her was sitting on her head!!!

It was a really great little trip with lots of laughs, awesome kids and amazing friends.

1 comment:

Christy said...

That's great that you did that! Looks like you had a great time. Enjoyed the pics!