I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back To School!

The kids were both SO excited this morning!!!  We kept telling Alex all weekend that the bus would be back to bring her to school today and I actually think she understood - we have ALWAYS talked about the bus coming every morning when we were getting her ready for school, and honestly, it is her most FAVORITE part of the day!  She yells and squeals so loudly when she sees the bus that it's really hard not to get excited for her seeing how happy it makes her!

She had a REALLY great day - she was focused and happy the entire day.  Even when she came home she was so focused, she and Jennifer made her eye gaze choices, she sat in her corner chair, she worked on an art project, she ate like a champ...it was OBVIOUS she has been missing school and I can't remember the last time I saw her this happy...for an ENTIRE day!!!
Zach was super excited about school starting today too - he woke up at 5:45 this morning (normally I can't drag him out of bed!) and wanted to get dressed and leave right then.  When I picked him up this afternoon he said he had an awesome day, he didn't get in trouble (lol!) and couldn't wait to go back tomorrow.

All around, an AWESOME first day for my big "second time" second grader and my first grader.  I'm so excited for what a promising year this is going to be!

1 comment:

Miss Katie said...

Great pictures of Alex. She looks soo happy. Glad to hear the kids enjoyed the day. I had the best first day I've ever had. Tons of fun... Zero issues :-)