I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ahhh...I LOVE Fall....

Well, I used to anyway - before allergies and asthma!  Poor Zach, sick ONCE again.  It's only been 3 weeks since his last attack and he's Miserable, with the capital M. I got the call from school to come and pick him up on Tuesday and when I got there he was breathing SO fast.  I brought him home and hooked him up to Alex's pulse ox machine (a machine that measures how much oxygen they are getting in their lungs) and he was only at 93 (normally kids should be at 100% and things get a little 'iffy' if they drop below 95%).  We had a 3:45 appointment with the doctor anyway, but I didn't like the way he was breathing and he was a limp little noodle, so I drove him straight to the Dr. and they took him back right away.  Even after a breathing treatment with steroids his pulse ox was still only at 93%.   His cheeks were so flushed too and his temp was 101.6.

After his treatments, some Motrin and an ice pop he seemed to perk up so the Dr. was comfortable enough sending us home since I have a pulse ox machine and oxygen at home (maybe there's a perk to having a special needs child after all?!?)

His pulse ox was still low yesterday so we kept him on the breathing treatments every 3-4 hours...I think you can clearly see the difference in this picture of how much better he was feeling!




As I'm typing, Alex has been sleeping for a few hours but is starting to cough...a lot....sigh, I think this is going to be a really l-o-n-g Fall!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It can't be easy with you guys! Love and prayers for everyone!