I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Tooth Fairy is coming for a visit!

I thought for sure she was actually going to visit last night. The darn thing was so loose! I tried wiggling it out, Jennifer tried wiggling it out...


...and even Zach tried to get it out himself...


but then it started bleeding, he freaked out and that was the end of that! I did manage to get him to smile one more time and told him it would probably be his last picture with all of his teeth...and it was!


It finally fell out today at school. At first I was a little disappointed that it happened at school (ridiculous, I know!), but they made a big deal about it...he got a "tooth certificate" from his teacher and when they sent him to the clinic he got a little tooth box to put his tooth in and got a sticker to wear that said "I Lost A Tooth Today". He was so excited and felt pretty special.

Last night we made a really cool tooth pillow so the Tooth Fairy would know exactly where his tooth was...and if I do say so myself, I think it turned out cute!


So here's my new toothless man...


Putting his tooth into his pillow for safe keeping....

Pillow safe and secure and ready for bed!


Yes, I guess it's obvious that losing the first tooth has been a pretty big deal!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! That's pretty darn cool! Your little boy is growing up! Tell him we said congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

Good grief sister....where do you find the time and energy to be so darn creative??? Loving the pictures, and the special tooth pillow. Give Zach and sissy a big hug from Aunt Dana!!!