I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

I feel the need to share

I was born and raised in New York...moved to Virginia about 15 years ago and totally found a love for country music. My New York (and some Virgina) friends have often made fun of me for this discovery, but I've found the songs and lyrics are so raw and emotional. An artist that I've loved for a while, Collin Raye, made a song about his granddaughter Haley who suffered from an undiagnosed neurological disorder. I've made a few video montages with music and I recently found the song "She's With Me" by Collin Raye that I'm planning on using for our upcoming Angelman Syndrome Walk. I've watched the video about 100 times - his granddaughter reminds me so much of Alex and his words totally encapsulate my thoughts and feelings. Tonight, after watching the video again, I learned that his sweet Haley passed away on April 3rd and I can't stop crying just envisioning her and feeling their pain. You'll hear the song again in my video from the Angelman Walk on May 15th, but I just felt like I needed to post his video (click on video to watch the video) here tonight and celebrate and mourn Haley.

1 comment:

Miss Katie said...

Thank you for sharing, Donna. That is the most beautiful song I have ever heard. Can't wait to see the pictures from the walk... Wish I could be there with you, but know that my prayers for a wonderful day are always with you.