I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Never thought I would say this...

but I am officially over the snow!! Three snow storms already and the kids are on day 5 of school closings. There's the potential for more snow tomorrow, but I'm really hoping it's rain. I think Alex officially has cabin fever and is quite ready for the white stuff to be gone too. Alex LOVES going to school, and her absolute favorite part of the day is riding the school bus - I know she's thinking where is that big yellow thing that comes and gets me every day! She got a great surprise today and her Papa (aka, favorite person ever) is at our house since there is no school. I love watching her reaction when she sees him. She was laying in her bed and my dad stood behind her and did their 'special' whisper...she has two 5x7 pictures of her and my dad hanging on the side of her bed and she immediately looked at the pictures when she heard him - when he came into full view she was all smiles and giggles. It's very heartwarming to see.

Anyway - although I am over the snow, Zach is loving it. He went sleigh riding again yesterday (thanks for the pictures Tom!) and had a total blast.








No comments: