I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, November 30, 2009

Another Zach Post

You would have never guessed yesterday with the 72 degree temperature that it was November 29th! After church we took the kids for a walk around the lake where my parents live and Zach really wanted Papa to take him fishing.




Zach learned that fishing definitely teaches you patience!


But being patient can really pay off!

Zach and his first perch!
It was so sunny out that Alex had to borrow Daddy's sunglasses. Definitely a nice family day.


Every month at school the kids have a journal and it comes home the last day of the month. They can color or write about anything they want in the journal - at the end of the year, we're supposed to compare them and see how far they've come with their writing and drawing skills. Today the journal came home and as I was going through it, it was pretty clear what his pictures where - a pirate ship, the Mayflower, a turkey, then I got to the last page and I have to say, I definitely shed a tear.
He drew a picture of Alex's birthday party. I think he was actually trying to write my Sissy's Birthday Party or Happy Birthday - but when I saw her picture and how he drew her in a wheel chair....well, I cried.

1 comment:

Christy said...

So cute! That's definitely one you'll have to keep.