I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Updates and LOTS of pictures!

I cannot believe how fast time is flying...in less than three weeks Zach will be in Kindergarten!! I just took him for his five year check-up - and he's growing like a weed! He weighs 43 and a half pounds and is 44 inches tall. The Dr. said if he keeps growing at the rate he has, he's projected to be about 6 feet tall...hard to image my little man a "big" man! :)

I honestly love taking him for his well visits because I get to answer questions and see different tests that I haven't experienced with Alex...sounds silly, I know, but I truly get enjoyment out of them!


Passing His Hearing Test


Growing So Tall!


Waiting For The Doctor!



We re-did Zach's room as part of his birthday present because he wanted bunk beds - so we've been doing a massive clean-up - he had a LOT OF stuff that needed to be cleaned out of his room. We still have a ways to go, but he's loving his new bed.

Miss Alex is still recovering from her illnesses...she's feeling much better, but the anti-biotics are messing with her stomach, so it's quite the balancing act. She is doing awesome with her blenderized diet and I've started really branching out and getting creative with what I make for her. Maybe someday a "cookbook" will be in our future!

She and Jennifer are having lots of fun together working on art projects, going for walks, playing and reading. I started working with Alex and a Go Talk communication device and Jennifer is going to start incorporating that into their playtime as well.

Crossing mid-line to get to the paint brush!!


Painting is so much fun!

I love the thumb in the mouth and the concentration!



Her stander is going incredibly well, she tolerates it so much longer than her old one. It's amazing how two pieces of the same type of equipment can be so different. I've been able to feed her in her stander, work on her communication devices, play - everything. We didn't go to therapy this week, but I'm dying to get there - her new bike is in...just in time for Fall!!! I'm so excited that she'll be able to go for bike rides with Zach around the neighborhood - I love that it's therapy in disguise!

Fun and Therapy!


Getting lots of love from Zach



For the last three Sunday afternoon's we've gone to our friends the Woodrum's for afternoons of swimming, barbecuing and fun. Jule and Alex are just so fun to watch together. They will sit and lay down together and laugh, giggle and 'talk' to each other. I could watch them for hours!! And Zach absolutely loves to go there and play with Jule's older sister Jean. He's had two sleep overs with Jean and her friend Emily and still isn't ready to come home Monday morning!


Alex and Jule in one of their many conversations!


Last Friday we had a surprise party for my sister's 40th Birthday. I haven't been involved in planning any surprise parties, yet in the past two and half months, I've been involved in three! My sister is quite the sleuth and you pretty much can't put much past her, but I think we surprised her! It was a fun night and Dana truly deserved an evening for herself.

Surprise!

Dana and Shane


My beautiful nieces Abby and Emily
Love this picture of my brother using my husband's head as a head rest and my sister-in-law trying not to laugh!

Time for cake

Sisters!

My Family


The DePasquale clan with their significant others!


I think it's been about 15 years since I've had a picture with just my dad!


Well, I think that's it for now! I'm having a date day with Zach tomorrow so I'm off to bed!

No comments: