I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Poor Alex

I haven't blogged in the last week because Alex has remained pretty much impossible - and quite frankly, I was getting very frustrated and wasn't in the mood to blog about how crappy things have been with her! She's been very frustrated, agitated and overall grumpy. She ran a few little low grade fevers, her sleeps been off and she's just not been herself. Monday at speech therapy she just stared at her therapist and pretty much was non responsive to any of her requests. Even when they brought out her favorite toys, nothing - no smiles, no giggles, nothing! She was a little on the pale side and drooling like crazy. Tuesday for physical therapy Shannon was getting her session started and just put Alex into a sitting position and she started crying huge crocodile tears. Tuesday night she was up at 3AM crying and stayed awake. Wednesday morning she had what looked like a tiny rash, maybe 4 bumps on her face and she was itching her nose like crazy. So I decided to take her BACK to the Dr. (I had just taken her the week before for the same reasons and they said everything looked fine, except it seemed like her stomach was bothering her). Well, turns out she had every right to be frustrated, agitated and grumpy. She has impetigo, she's in the end stages of hand-foot-and mouth syndrome which has caused huge blisters in the back of her throat, and the beginning stages of an ear infection. I'd be grumpy too!!

I have to say I am actually very happy that they found something wrong. Obviously I don't want her in any type of pain, but to know something fixable is wrong, and it's not just her frustrated with life in general makes me happy. Three rounds of anti-biotics so far and ointment for the blisters on her face and she has done a complete 180 today. It was so awesome to come home from work and see her laughing, smiling and playing with Jennifer...my old Allie Bean was back!!!

Well I have a lot more to catch up on, but I have a lot to do this evening...

1 comment:

Christy said...

Geez. I am relieved that you got an answer and that Alex got some meds. Now, where's the blender and when do we get our tickets?