I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mommy's Day Out!

Last Thursday was Zachary's LAST day of pre-school. Have I mentioned time is flying by with him?!? I took Friday off for us to spend the day together celebrating the new milestones coming up.

Zach and Mommy - yes that's me - after 15 years as a blonde, I opted to go back to being a brunette!

We had planned on an amusement park day, but the weather changed our plans. So we met up with my friend Dara and her daughter Jean and my friend Dana and her son Jonah. We spent four hours at Chuckee Cheeses (yes, four hours!).

Ohhh...Tickets!


Loving the video games!
Giddy Up!
Team Work! Zach couldn't reach the gas pedal so Jean helped him out while he drove!

Road Rage?!? :)

Boys will be boys...Zach and Jonah being silly!


All that playtime made us hungry so we headed over to the Japanese Steak House for lunch!

The kids enjoying the cooking experience!

The Mommy's enjoying our kids and our girl time!


After lunch, we left our friends and headed home to visit with Daddy and Sissy for an hour or so and then Zach and I went out on our own date to the movies. We saw G-Force in 3-D and enjoyed our time alone.

Zach and his 3-D glasses and popcorn
Mommy and Zach in their 3-D glasses!
We definitely had a great day together!!!


Today Zach met his Kindergarten teacher. She took him into his classroom and asked Aaron and I to stay outside while she assessed his readiness for school. Zach acted a little funny, I guess he was nervous. It's funny to see your child and how they interact in different social situations! But his teacher said he was more than ready -so we are very excited for September 8th!!

Alex is doing well - I had to reschedule therapy once again today due to a commitment, so we rescheduled for this Thursday...again, I'm so excited for this appointment because she's going to get her bike!!!

Alex is doing SO well with her eating. Tonight for dinner I blenderized some ground beef with green beans and had a separate bowl of peach apple sauce - she ate BOTH bowls in under 15 minutes - and she ATE every bite!!!! I am SO excited about the phenomenal progress she's making!!! We have a follow-up appointment with the feeding clinic next week, so I'm anxious to see how her weight is maintaining and to hear their thoughts on her progress. I have to say that I'm really proud of all of our hard work because we've done this on our own without being in the feeding clinic. Just goes to show that major persistence pays off!!

No comments: