I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Zach Reaches a Milestone!

When we were registering Zach for Kindergarten we had to fill out this survey of things he could do on his own and the only thing I couldn't check off was that he was able to tie his own shoes. So I went out and bought this book that comes with a shoe and laces to try and teach him. Quite honestly, he just wasn't getting it so we've worked on it here and there but I haven't really been focused on it with him because I figured we had all summer to work on it. So tonight he tells me he can ties his shoes and I said, yes, we're working on it, but you're not quite there yet...and he says, no Mommy, I CAN tie my shoes. So he goes and grabs a sneaker and you know what - he CAN tie his shoes!!! I'll admit, I got a little misty eyed!!! Because I had Alex first, I have always really enjoyed and appreciated every milestone Zach has made and I was so proud of him today!! This video just cracks me up....!
In my defense, I have to say I think I'm pretty patient with him and hardly yell...guess he thinks differently though!!!

5 comments:

shannon said...

That was adorable and it had me cracking up!!!!!

Katie said...

I laughed pretty hard. Zach is a hil-ar-ious! But seriously... way to go zach, his kindergarten teacher will be so excited!

Anonymous said...

Dana B said...

You captured not only a milestone but a great moment. That kid of yours is SO freakin funny! Way to work those bunny ears Zach...GREAT job!!!!

Anonymous said...

Rebecca said...

Way to go Zach!! That video is hilarious! I laughed SO HARD!!!!

Ellen P said...

How adorable and wonderful. I am proud of you all!