I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Ick!

It's been five days and her shoulder isn't any better...in fact, it's worse. She's wearing her brace 24/7, I pretty much only let her hand free for 5 minutes or so or when she's having a bath. It's to the point now where you actually SEE and HEAR the shoulder popping and catching - again, ICK! If you raise her arm above her head, it literally gets stuck. Shannon thinks she has a torn labrum and I have a call into a Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgeon at UVA. For now, as long as she stays in the brace she's back to her very happy ole self, and that is very important to me!

Cutest picture of her and Shannon (before all of this shoulder mess!) at therapy (and look how good she's sitting up all by herself!!):



Zach thought it was 'blog worthy' to let everyone know that he has a new pet named Pinchey (he's a hermit crab)...lol! :)



Tomorrow is our big Angelman Syndrome Awareness Walk-A-Thon in Maryland. Pray for good weather since they're calling for some thunder storms!

No comments: