I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Angelman Syndrome Walk-A-Thon

On Saturday, May 16th we will once again be walking in the annual Angelman Syndrome Foundation Walk-A-Thon in Washington, DC. Each year thousands of people across the United States walk in support of the ASF's mission to improve the lives of individuals with Angelman Syndrome. We are excited to be participating in one of the 24 walk locations.

Recent research suggests that there could possibly be a cure for Angelman Syndrome within the next 10 years. To try and not be excited about that is impossible!

Although Alex's diagnosis is clinical at this point, further research may give us the definitive answer we've been looking and hoping for. Right now it's where we 'fit', where we get our support and information, where we're accepted.

If anyone would like to walk with us this year, please let me know - we would love to have you join our "Team Allie Bean". It will be an experience you wont forget anytime soon! Below is a link to our fundraising page (which also links you to a registration page if you would like to walk), a link to the Angelman Syndrome Foundation if you would like to learn more about AS, and a link to the video I did from the 2007 Walk-A-Thon.

http://www.angelman.org/teamalliebean/

Thank you so much for all of your support!

1 comment:

Katie Estes said...

YAY!!! Mom and I are excited. I set up my fundraiser page today, now I just need to make it a little more exciting. I'm also excited about seeing you all Friday!!! I'll be with the preschoolers at the stations.. you'll definitely see me, I'll have about a thousand 2-5 year olds following me and one grown man (my fiance) who will look totally lost and overwhelmed :)