I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Allergy Testing Results

After thirty two skin pricks.....drum roll, please....



The only food allergy we have is to pork! WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!! It's not a food allergy causing her problems and we can continue feeding her the blenderized diet! I'm seriously ecstatic. It was really funny because as we were watching her skin react to all the pricks we could tell that one of them was positive, but we didn't know what food it was - so Aaron said, wouldn't it be awesome if that was pork or something - who would care about a pork allergy? And low and behold, it was pork!

So that's the good news. I suppose the 'bad' news is we still don't know what's causing her stomach to be irritated and bleed. Nancy and I spoke for a while today and we're going to start her on Prevacid, a prescription medication that will calm her stomach if acid build up is the culprit. We also have an appointment this Thursday with her Pediatric Gastroenterologist to see if there's anything GI they suspect going on with the lining of her stomach.

I have to say Alex did exceptionally well for the test. She was perfect for all the pricks, but it was a delayed reaction - two minutes after they were done she started crying, then screaming. But Daddy was there and he calmed her down and then kept her amused on her stomach for the 25 minutes required before the tests could be read.


Aaron shot this picture of her just watching him - she really is a Daddy's girl.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE this close up picture of Alex! What a beauty.

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me. I can't figure out the whole password to post. I know...shocking, right! Love, hugs and kisses
- Dana B