I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Quick Therapy Post

Alex was SO vocal on Monday at her speech appointment. Almost every question Beth asked her it sounded like she was saying "YEAH"...and she would look at her, but not be so intent on using her switch...almost to say - I'm actually TELLING you...I don't need that silly thing! :) In an hour session, she ate an entire jar of food - that's a lot considering she has to hit her "yes, please" switch in between when asked if she wants more. We're working with two switches now - yes, please and no, thank you...and a few times she hit no, thank you and Beth actually removed the food...so that's a really big step for her! On Friday she had her "pre-op" physical for the MRI's on the 23rd and she's four feet tall and 46 pounds..she's growing like a weed!
I took these with my cell phone, so they're not the greatest quality...

No comments: