I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

More Stuff!

So let's see, the house looks like a Physical Therapy facility on any given day, each day we have to put on glasses, foot braces, thera-togs, bandannas, clip on chewy P's, arm bands and her backpack that holds her feeding pump ~ what else could we possibly throw in the mix to keep things exciting? Ohhh - I know - a back brace!!! Plus, that will add about 8 more pounds while lifting her so Mommy will get that much more of the great arm workout that she's always talking about!

Alex's Orthotist, Paul, was actually quite funny about her brace. It's a new design and pattern and Alex is the first in the area to have this type of brace - so he was very excited that she's the little proto-type for this brace. We'll use it anytime she's doing supported sitting, or going to be in her wheel chair or stroller for long periods of time to help with her positioning. We wont use it during standing or walking exercises since we want Alex to use her trunk muscles and strengthen them as much as possible. If she were to wear the brace all the time, she wouldn't work those muscles and her tone would just get worse, if that's possible! :)

So here's the fashion diva in her new brace...



She thought this was funny - but it CAN'T be comfortable!







Would it be mean to start calling her my little turtle?!? :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My screen name for most things is little turtle girl. I will let Alex share it with me.