I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas

My parents had kept Zach for two nights while Alex had her MRI's and the following night since his cousins Abby and Emily were there too and he did not want to come home! Only problem with staying at MeMe and Pappa's house is that Zach's allergies for cats are off the charts and they have 2 new kitties. By Christmas Eve Zach's coughing and wheezing were getting pretty bad so we headed to my parents house around 2 with the trusty nebulizer. We went to Christmas Eve service at church at 5PM and back to my parents house for an incredibly delicious meal and then the kids all opened their presents. It was a fun night.


Zach at MeMe and Papa's in his Christmas PJ's!

I LOVE this picture of Alex kissing Zach

Allie Bean and her cousin Abby opening one of her presents


Christmas morning we got up about 7:30 and headed downstairs to see what Santa brought. Alex was not herself at all...she was pale and kind of out it...our guess is the anesthesia caught up with her because as you can see from this picture she was puffy and just not "with it". She took two naps and was in bed for the night by 6:15.

My best friend, Dana, flew in from New York on Christmas morning and we had a nice brunch here at our house with my parents. It was really a nice relaxing day. I enjoyed my weekend with Dana and Aaron was so great about us having our girl time. Zach is having a ball with all of his new toys and I'm anxious to break out the Easy Bake Oven Alex got! :)

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

No comments: