I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl

Seven years ago my life was changed forever and we were blessed with Alexandra Elizabeth Hayes. It's hard to believe it's actually been seven years. Roads we've been on have been long and windy, but our journey is still so new in some ways. I'm usually a little sad around Alex's birthday, or maybe it's a little more grieving for what I thought was supposed to be. Growing up I loved dolls and all things girlie - when we found out we were having a girl, I had so many visions in my head of the things we would do together and the fun I was going to have reliving Easy Bake Ovens and Barbie Dolls. Instead, I still shop the infant aisles looking for the latest and greatest toy that will sing and light up. For some reason though, this year was different. Yes, I got a little sad when I passed the baby doll aisle and her birthday presents are 6+ month toys, but this year was easier. As I looked around the room at the little party we had for her today, the room was filled with so much love for her. She is loved by so many people. She has the best family in the world - and I have met some of the best friends that I never would have met if it wasn't for her. Alex is happy, and Alex is loved beyond words ~ at the end of the day, that's what is important. So happy birthday my sweet sweet girl...Mommy loves you more than any words can say.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Happy Birthday Alex!

We love you,
The Holton Family