I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Weekend

We had quite a busy weekend...Aaron and I had a night out Friday, we went to the state fair, Aaron's Aunt Helen from Albany was in town, had family portraits done, ran errands, and on and on! The state fair was fun, but boy have times changed. First I couldn't get over the amount of people, and second, the prices! The ticket lines for the rides were over a hundred people deep alone. Remember when you could play the midway games for a dollar a game? Now they're $3 a game - seriously, $3 to shoot water into a clowns mouth?!? Thank goodness I won and walked away with a baby elephant as a souvenir! Of course I have to add pictures, so here are a few:

Aaron and Zach before we go see the animals





Aaron and Zach trying to win!



Alex trying really hard to get into that $6 bag of cotton candy!


Alex and the winning elephant!


Sunday we had family pictures done by Pictures by Paige - she wins the patience award! From the few that I saw I'm really anxious to see the proofs...I'll post a link to them when they're up!

Yesterday I had to take Alex to an ENT doctor. If you were following the posts from Florida, you might remember that she went from never having an ear infection in her life to having 4 in three months. So the outcome was that she had an impacted ear drum, and the dr. didn't really think she ever had ear infections at all (gotta love the four rounds of anti-biotics that means she didn't need!) So we'll go back in six months and he'll see if she needs to have her ears cleaned on a routine basis.
That's it for now!

No comments: