I thought I would have to teach my daughter about the world; turns out I have to teach the world about her. They see a girl who doesn't speak,
I see a miracle who doesn't need words.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Part II - "More Please!"

We're working really hard on feeding, and while we have a long way to go, I'm so proud of the progress she's making every day, not only with her switch, but with actually swallowing her food. She's genuinely showing a huge interest in food. Yesterday we went to my parents house for brunch and she was sitting at the kitchen table with us. When my mom put a platter of food on the table, Alex got so excited she knocked over Zach's orange juice. When we have dinner, it's impossible not to give her a little something because she watches every single bite we take. So I'm prepared for the long haul in the time it's going to take to continue to strengthen her muscles and get her swallowing coordination down, but she's showing me every day that we will get there...I just need to have patience, and when she does it, we will have a HUGE eating party for her (I hope everyone likes Gerber's Stage 3 Vegetable Beef!)..kidding :)


Aaron and I are off to Vegas Wednesday (me for work, him for fun!) so I wont be posting again until sometime next week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring on the veggie beef party!!